Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I LOVE YOU, Mother

When I saw that look upon her face
I gazed around trying to find a place
A place to hide from her glaring eyes
And when she held me, I began to cry

The unending sermon as she cleaned my wound
The wounds I got when I fell knees down
Her words were deafening but she blew the pain
That’s my mother, so caring from within

As years passed, the wounds were gone
She remains to be true, the very same woman
Helps me with the wounds I didn’t get from a fall
But with the wounds of life, all big and small

No more sermons, no penalties to impose
Instead she hugs me each time I feel lost
Sometimes I wonder how she does it all
To be my mother, my friend in one call

Now I look at her with pride in my eyes
Life polished her, years made her wise
She nurtures me, her words enlighten me
I love you Mother, today and everyday

No comments: