Wednesday, May 16, 2007

CONTENTMENT

Ten years from now as I lie on my bed
My dear daughter would come up to me and said
Mommy, mommy will you tell me a story
The love story you had before you met my daddy

Then I would cuddle her in my arms as I smile
And I’ll close my eyes as my mind flew back in time
That boy, my child, is the first love I once had
I love him and he loves me until the time we depart

She would ask me then with eyes full of curiosity
If he is your first love, then you never loved daddy
Before I could answer, daddy will enter the room
He would kiss me on my lips like we we’re on a honeymoon

He would reach for my hand so he could give me a squeeze
Our baby will call our attention with that question on her face
Baby, I will always be grateful for that man, I would say
We may have a past but in my heart he will not stay

Those heartbreaks I had were God’s own little ways
Coz He already prepared me for the love I truly deserve
With my arms around him, I would look into his eyes
Your daddy is my present and my future and that couldn’t be denied.

No comments: