Wednesday, May 9, 2007

MEMORABILIA

Things between us will never be the same again

Since you walk to that door and let me cry in pain

You have your life ahead and I have mine

That’s what you said to me, you broke my heart

Tonight, I’m gonna cry a bucket for you

And read again your letters all night through

I’m gonna scan our pictures again and again

And ask myself: how could this happen?

I’m gonna put them in a box and lock them forever

The right thing to do before my heart grows bitter

I expect to spend sleepless nights ahead of me

Till then, I would wipe my tears and accept the reality

I would meet men….hundreds of men better than you

Hope one of them would fix my heart in blue

But if in time I accept his love I pray that it’s true

Before anything else I have something to do

The box I kept with your memories I will then open

Read your letters and scan our pictures now with no pain

Surely memories of one’s love is hard to forget

But they will remain as memories so I keep them in the cabinet

Now I have to face my newfound love

So I bring in another box that I have

Hope I will not lock this box like the other

Coz that would mean that this new love is my forever

No comments: